Saturday, March 08, 2008

Ribbons, Pearls and More Snow

Earlier this week, in the midst of snow, snow and more snow, I decided it was time to take a few chances. Over the past few years my work has become more serious, more spiritual. Maybe it’s this endless winter, but it seems time to have a bit more fun with my art. So, I got to work with crystals, ribbons and pearls. I think it may even be time for feathers, fabric and more glitter…but we’ll see. These creative leaps are not always as easy on the canvas as they are in words.

Although it’s snowing much too hard to take a shot of these latest paintings outside, I’ve lined a few new pieces on the window sill. (And yes, that is a giant snow drift behind.) These little ladies were great fun to paint. And I'm not sure if you can see in the shot, but I've incorporated a bit of glitter, some ribbons and pearls.



And yes, we're in the midst of yet another storm...

No comments:

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska