Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Lady Bugs and Hearts On A String

As I sat at the computer this morning, wishing for the promise of spring instead of the threat of yet another snowstorm a ladybug shot over my head and landed amongst my paints and brushes! Where did this little miracle of nature come from on a cold and wintry day? I couldn’t send her outside, like I do in summer, so I just had to hope that she’ll find a way to survive until spring…



I spent most of the day on a commission. It’s not quite ready, but maybe tomorrow. In the meantime, here’s here’s another little romantic folk girl.
Even if Valentines Day is past,hearts never really go out of style. These hearts are on a string held by a sweet faced girl. Perfect for a romantic girl of any age!



Title: On A String
Size: 12 x 36 x 1 1/2 in
30 x 92 x 4 cm
Medium: Acrylic, wood, beeswax
Date: 2008


*All Image Rights Reserved © Wendy Ryan*

1 comment:

Lina said...

Love this painting, just came across your etsy shop today so wanted to stop by and say hi! I just recently did a painting called heartstrings that reminds me of this too...love your work!

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska