Monday, March 03, 2008

Good Night Jeff

I often think about the miraculous gift of the senses...how much I love good food, how smell is so tangled up with taste, how touch informs our every move, without sight, I couldn't be an artist...but hearing, how I would miss the music that fills my days as I paint if I lost the gift of hearing.

So today has been a sad day, the news that jazz blues guitarist Jeff Healy had passed away at just 41. As I spoke with a friend and fellow fan tonight she said how it seemed like his music had just always been there. He was respected not only as one of the greatest blues guitarists, but also for his wonderful spirit. He will be missed by so many...Good Night Jeff.

But before I turn out the lights, I will share a new piece, a sort of medieval princess...pale and romantic.



Title: Mysterious Magic
Size: 12 x 24 x 1 1/2 in
Medium: Acrylic, Wood, Liquid Gold

*All image rights reserved © Wendy Ryan*

No comments:

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska