Saturday, February 02, 2008

Box Frames Snow Storms and Another Angel Painting

It seems the groundhogs are in agreement. Punxsutawney Phil and Wiarton Willie are both predicting six more weeks of winter. We had another storm of grand, snowy proportions yesterday, and I suspect the famous rodents are excellent prognosticators and we can expect to need our woolies for some time to come!

But as always, my work goes on, rain, shine, snow and all weather in between. I've just moments ago finished a commission piece destined for the UK. The collector requested a box frame rather than canvas and I am so happy that she did. Hubby had an excuse to buy his new air nailer and I now have a stack of box frames ready for gesso and paint. He used 1 1/2 in x 1/2 in wood for the frame, the painting surface is cut the same size as the outside dimensions of the frame, nailed down and smoothed and sanded. I don't actually mind them a bit "rustic" as I use a lot of texture in many of my paintings anyway.



It seems hard to believe, but I'm also beginning to build inventory for my first (so far at least) show of 2008. So if you're in the Ottawa area, mark your calender, ORIGINALS The Spring Craft Sale takes place April 17th to 20th, 2008 at the Ottawa Civic Centre, Lansdowne Park.

No comments:

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska