Friday, January 18, 2008

Valentine Angel Painting for Today

As I've been making my way through my supplies, I realize that I have stacks of 8 x 10 in canvas. So you're going to be seeing a lot of smaller paintings for the next month. Although I don't like the extra weight of wood when we haul the art around to shows, I do love to paint on wood. So this week when I received a request for a painting on a wooden "box frame" I had to do a bit of googling to find out just what I need to do. I've already put my request in to hubby to fire up the saw and build the first couple frames. I can't wait to get started on the first experiment.

But in the meantime, there is one less unused 8 x 10 in canvas in my studio. I call it "A Valentine Tale", and it's romantic and sweet with a row of hearts I used texture paint and a stencil to create running down one side. It's always hard to see, but I've used liquid gold leaf on her halo.



With Valentine's day so close, I decided to run this as an auction on eBay.

No comments:

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska