Saturday, January 12, 2008

Two New Paintings For Today

It's late afternoon on Saturday and it's just about time to put my paints away and turn off this machine for the night. But before I go, here are two pieces that I finished today. I haven't named either one of them...I'm hoping that will come to me tonight.

The first one is another in the romantic angel series I started before Christmas. It has sort of a Valentine theme, with hearts on the angel's red robe. I used gold leaf on her halo and studded the stars with Swarovski crystals.



The second piece is more of a contemporary folk piece...you'll see the influence of Jean Paul Lemieux, for sure. I used the palette night to create texture in the grassy background and the big cotton ball clouds.

No comments:

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska