Thursday, January 17, 2008

Romantic Celtic Princess Painting For Today

As you know, one of the places to find my work is on eBay. And you may recall that on the 20th of each month a group of eBay artists have a contest we call Nibblefest. Each participating artist creates a piece, according to a theme. Each piece must be listed for the crazy low price of $0.99! Then we all hope that we get lots of bids! This month the theme is "combine two or more animals to make one." I thought about a mermaid, but I had just painted one, so decided to go in a different direction...I'm not quite finished but will share my entry on the 20th.

In the meantime, I finished a sweet little romantic girl. I think she's a Celtic princess of some sort. I used the same sort of faux finish I've been working with for the last week or so and anchored the four corners with Celtic spirals, I made from clay.

No comments:

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska