Friday, January 25, 2008

Raise a Toast to Robbie Burns

There will be no haggis on my table tonight, but my ever faithful CBC radio has kept me company with the sounds of Robbie Burns. Such heartfelt and moving words and music it is. If you aren't convinced take a listen to Edith Wiens sing "Ae Fond Kiss" arranged by Healy Willan and of course written by Robert Burns.

"Ae fond kiss, and then we sever;
Ae fareweel, alas, for ever!
Deep in heart-wrung tears I'll pledge thee,
Warring sighs and groans I'll wage thee.
Who shall say that Fortune grieves him,
While the star of hope she leaves him?
Me, nae cheerful twinkle lights me;
Dark despair around benights me."

~ Robert Burns

And there are more verses...but you should be too teary to read much further by now...

But on to art.

I'm worked on a commission today. Although very much a work in progress, the groundwork is there.



And so I'll leave you with another shot of my moon taken this morning from my studio window at 7:12 AM.

No comments:

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska