Monday, September 03, 2007

Dinner, Movie, Paris and Paints!

I guess I missed a couple of days over the weekend...what a lovely weekend it's been too! We saw a great little movie Two Days in Paris. We had just had this yummy early dinner with two young friends, a kind of combination, house warming, they've just moved into a new apartment and a belated birthday for me. The movie was just the right touch!

And of course, I forgot to post my new work. I've been working on some large metallic Klimt inspired pieces...but they're not quite ready, but this is a little sort of Folk meet Art Deco à la Klimt again.



“Discretion is being able to raise your eyebrow instead of your voice.”

~ Anonymous

Artist: Wendy Ryan
Title: A Little Discretion
Medium: Acrylic on Canvas
Size: 8 X 10 in
20 X 26 cm
Date: 2007


It's hard to see it on-line, but the background is a rich gold and deep bronze sort of metallic. I took another risk and have it at auction on eBay with an opening bid of $9.99. Right at this moment there seems to be a little glitch with the image showing up in the search results so I'm on to my next adventure...repairing my listing. It's usually a quick fix, and then it's on to my paints.


*All image rights reserved © Wendy Ryan *

No comments:

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska