Saturday, August 25, 2007

Late Summer Got You Feeling Blue?

With the shorter days and cooler nights of late August, I'm thinking about the summer that seemed to slip so quickly away from me...Preparation for the trade shows gobbled up so much of my precious summer. I'd have to think long and hard before I schedule another one. I'm determined next summer will be filled with music and arts festivals. If I have a summer of 2007 regret it's missing that most wonderful weekend of all, Hillside Festival, in Guelph Ontario. Just visit the website and I know you'll be trying to find a way to make it to Hillside 2008!

But for now, I'm happily back to my studio, dog on the floor and kitty in the windowsill. It's a cloudy day and the breeze so moist, I can't decide if it's hot and humid or cool and damp. Paint is drying slowly, but sometimes that's a good thing.



I finished this little piece earlier this week. I've used a lot of texture and added a clay wooden cross to the background. I've put a few more new pieces up on my website, so hope you'll have a chance to take a look.

No comments:

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska