Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Pool Of Blue - Original Madonna Icon in Frame with Swarovski Crystals by Wendy Ryan


Finally, I have time to post my new work! We've had the house upside down for the week while we have new windows installed. I was able to paint, but with my office turned upside down and the computers unplugged it was mayhem! But with three days of destruction and construction behind us, we're on the home stretch now. Hubby set up office again last night, so I've stolen a few minutes to post a new piece. I've called this icon "The Pool of Blue" from a poem by Sara Teasdale.


"I am the pool of blue
That worships the vivid sky;
My hopes were heaven-high,
They are all fulfilled in you."

~ Sara Teasdale

Using mixed media technique, I've created an original folk Madonna Icon. She glows in her deep blue robe, encircled by her halo of red roses. Starting with a plain wooden frame, I’ve created the look of burnished copper, embellished with textured Celtic braids and clay Rustic crosses. The original icon sparkles with real Swarovski crystals.


Artist: Wendy Ryan
Title: The Pool of Blue
Medium: Mixed Media
Size: 6.5 X 8.5"
17 X 22 cm
Date: 2007

Any of my pieces can be purchased directly from me. So if you see something that you like just drop me a note! I'm busy building inventory for my "Bricks and Mortar" wholesale customers and upcoming shows so I'm never far from my paints...even in this crazy construction zone!

No comments:

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska