Monday, March 12, 2007

Two New Paintings about Peace, Life and Death

I've been busy the last few days, and there just didn't seem time to post. So today, I've logged in early! Even though I'm no longer posting work on the Daily Painters site, I remain a "compulsive painter"! so the new work continues. I'm working on a couple of Klimt influenced pieces and with any luck may have them finished tonight. but in the meantime, here's a hint of what I was up to on the weekend.



"Peace has to be created, in order to be maintained. It is the product of Faith, Strength, Energy, Will, Sympathy, Justice, Imagination, and the triumph of principle. It will never be achieved by passivity and quietism."

~ Dorothy Thompson

Artist: Wendy Ryan
Title: Create Peace
Medium: Acrylic on Wooden Block
Size: 5 X 7 x .75 in
13 X 18 x 2 cm
Date: 2007

In this little painting, a beautiful black haired maiden raises her hands in prayer while two peace doves seem to whisper the blessings of peace from her shoulders.




“ God pours life into death and death into life without a drop being spilled. ”

~Author Unknown

I'm calling this a mixed media piece. I've added a small clay cross inlaid with a tiny Swarovski crystal and heavy texture medium to the wooden block. The sweet faced sister contemplates life and death while she tenderly cradles a human skull.


Artist: Wendy Ryan
Title: Without A Drop
Medium: Acrylic, Clay and Texture Medium on Wooden Block
Size: 5 X 7 x .75 in
13 X 18 x 2 cm
Date: 2007


The sides are painted black, it is signed and dated, your painting arrives ready to hang.

So now I'm off to fill some print orders and get back to my paints...If you'd like any additional information about any of my paintings please drop me a note.

No comments:

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska