Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Folk Icon in Celtic Frame


“Seek goodness everywhere, and when it is found, bring it out of its hiding place and let be free and unashamed.”

~ William Saroyan

Artist: Wendy Ryan
Title: Seek Goodness Everywhere
Medium: Acrylic on Masonite in Wooden Frame

Size: 6.5 X 8.5"
17 X 22 cm


This folk style Angel is painted in rich reds set against a dark background. Starting with a plain wooden frame, I’ve created a rustic raised relief carving of Christian and Celtic symbols using texture medium and clay Celtic crosses finished with gold leaf to create the feeling of aged gold.

I picked up my first order of giclee prints on canvas this afternoon. I am so happy with them. I've listed my first ones on eBay and Yessy tonight. I'll have the link to the printer I use tomorrow. But for now, it's time for bed!

And Kelly, the show was great :)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Just Lovely! I love that red it's so striking!
Nicole :)

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska