Friday, October 20, 2006

Blue Green and Liquid Silver Leaf


“Blue color is everlastingly appointed by the Deity to be a source of delight”

~ John Ruskin

Well, at long last, I've finished the latest in my
à la Klimt series. I'm totally hooked on metallics and liquid gold and silver leaf right now. In many cases I prefer it to actual gold leaf. But later today I hope to experiment a bit with gold leaf flakes on a small piece that if all goes well, I'll list later today on eBay.

* All image rights reserved copyright © Wendy Ryan*

3 comments:

David R. Darrow said...

This is just beautiful, and delightfully reminiscent, in an improved way, somehow, or both Modigliani and Klimpt.

Klimdigliani?

I love your work. So fresh and free.

David R. Darrow said...

I meant "of both Modigliani and Klimpt."

Anonymous said...

I love this painting. It's just gorgeous!

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska