Saturday, October 14, 2006

Black Madonna and à la Klimt in Progess



Black Madonna and à la Klimt in Progress

Once again I’ve overlooked the simple fact that there just are not enough hours in the day to accomplish everything I want to! I've spent too many hours wrestling with this tired old computer and not enough hours at the paints.
I’ve got two new paintings on the go, neither of which will likely be finished today. But I’ll share my work in progress. The first one is a favourite subject of mine that I’ve returned to many times, the black Madonna. I’ve just begun to outline the flow of the body and figure out the skin tones. The second, much larger painting is another Klimt inspired Art Deco, Art Nouveau piece in blues and greens. I’ll be adding liquid gold and silver leaf and acrylic metallics as it moves forward. And with any luck, I’ll be posting both finished pieces before the weekend is over.

2 comments:

Christine Malone said...

I love the blues you're using on the a la Klimt piece. Can't wait to see the finished version. :-)

-Christine

wjcatnip said...

Thanks a bunch Christine! I can always count on you for an encouraging comment. - Wendy

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska