Friday, September 22, 2006

Amateur Camera Talk and Madonna in Progress




Madonna In Progress

Size: 8 X 10 in

Trying to get a decent shot of the Adele painting has convinced me that I desperately need a new camera. I’m currently using a tiny Nikon Coolpix. It’s a great little camera, fits in my pocket, great for holidays, but not meant for shooting big canvas. So, the research begins.

I’ve used my Epson 3170 Scanner to capture a shot of today’s Painting a Day. I scan everything that will fit on the screen at a high resolution. It takes some fiddling with photoshop to ensure the colours are true. But it’s quick and I’m happy with the results.

I expect I’ll complete this Madonna today with plenty of metallic gold. I may use art deco style again for her halo and background. It may be that a more traditional approach to the metallic works better, but I'll have to see as the work progresses.



*all image rights reserved *




No comments:

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska